Thursday, June 4, 2015

Food for thought: current events

All I want to say on the Jenner "issue" . After seeing opinions and articles everywhere this is all I really have to say:

You know maybe the world is getting a bit more confusing. Maybe "woman" or "man" might not mean what they do anymore and that scares people. We were all born with labels and we have defined them in our minds to mean individual things due to our experiences. I find I have grown into defining myself by my name. Yes I am a woman in the physical and emotional sense but maybe I am also a "man" in the sense that I strive to be strong and protect the people I love. These labels don't really mean much but the bathroom we use in public. Clothes/shoes/magazines/sports..etc are all seperate but that never has stopped a woman from trying to join a mans team or wearing men's clothes nor from men wearing women's clothes and makeup. 

For years I have said my religion is Katana because I do not believe in just one thing while at the same time I do not want to hinder anyone else in their beliefs unless they put me and my own in danger. Now I am Katana. I will live my life the way I choose. I will not hold judgement over others who are discovering their own path in the world. I will use a woman's restroom because that is where I feel comfortable and I will anytime I please wear some men's clothing because I feel comfortable in them. 

Have a nice day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment